Sponsored (Guest) Account Registration
Sponsored accounts are available to family members of Army full account holders and other users who have legitimate business with the U.S. Army or the DoD. These users correspond to the following account types:
· Family Member (user must be in sponsor’s DEERS record to be eligible for an account)
· Army Cadet (only available to collegiate cadets: MS I and II)
· National Guard Retired
· Army Volunteer
· Federal Civilian Agencies
· Foreign Officer (not a US citizen)
· Homeland Security
· Incoming DA Civilian
· Incoming Future Soldier
· Local National Employee (not a US citizen)
· Medical Discharged
· Medical Retired
· Military Transition
To register for a guest account, follow these step by step instructions.
1. Go to https://www.us.army.mil
2. Click on the ‘I Accept’ button after reading the agreement
3. Click on ‘Register without a CAC’
4. Enter your Social Security Number and click the ‘Next’ button (see notes below for Foreign Nationals)
5. Select an Account Type from the list of options and click ‘Next’
6. Enter the User ID of your sponsor (Example: john.p.doe) and click ‘Next’
7. Enter your complete contact details and click ‘Next’
(Double check your entries, this must match your exact legal name.)
8. Enter an external email address (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) and click ‘Next’ (If the portal locates your information in a military/personnel database, different fields will autofill and this may change the order of the following steps).
9. Enter the contact details for your organization and click ‘Next’
10. Enter a password of your choosing into both password fields (Your password must adhere to the guidelines listed at the top of the registration page).
11. Choose 3 security questions, provide answers and click ‘Complete Registration’ (Your security questions are very important. You will need to remember these answers and when performing a password reset, you will need to enter them exactly as you do when setting them up, including capitalization and punctuation.
12. Print the confirmation screen for your records. Your registration is now complete and your account will be active once it is approved by your sponsor and the AKO/DKO guest approval process. For further assistance with activating your account, contact your sponsor.
*Guest Approval process can take approximately 24-48 hours for most accounts. Foreign Officer and Local National accounts can take up to 10 days.
A guest must enter the AKO/DKO username of his or her sponsor to request an AKO/DKO account. Also, all guest accounts (with the exception of Foreign Officer/ Local National/)* are required to enter their SSN to register for a sponsored account.
*Foreign Officer and Local National type guest accounts need to enter a SSN or FIN (Foreign Identification Number) when registering if planning on verifying the account. For more information on sponsored account verification.