DKO Account Registration
DoD military and government civilians who have been issued CACs are now able to self-register for a DKO Joint User Access Account (JUA). Follow this step by step guide.
Register for DKO
To register for DKO:
- Go to https://www.us.army.mil
- Click on ‘Register with a CAC’
- When prompted, enter your PIN or select your certificate.
Note: You will need to have your CAC inserted into a CAC reader to register for an account. Also, you will be required to enter your SSN and date of birth (DOB) to validate your user information. If this information is not provided, AKO/DKO and Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) will not be able to validate credentials; therefore no account will be issued. DMDC is the authoritative database for non Army DoD military and government civilians. A working agreement with DMDC allows AKO/DKO to positively validate users before they are given a new DKO account.
- Enter your Social Security Number, or Foreign Identification Number.
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Enter your User Information, if needed
- Enter an External Email Address
- Enter Organization Information
- Create and Confirm your Password
- Complete your Password Questions – these are used to verify your identity if you lose or forget your password
- Account Registration Complete – you should see all your account information.
- DoD policy dictates that usernames must follow the format: full first name.middle initial.last name, with trailing numbers used to create unique ID’s. An example is john.b.smith13.
DKO Eligible Account Types:
- Active Air Force
- Air National Guard
- Air Force Reserve
- Air Force Civilian
- Active Navy
- Navy Reserve
- Navy Civilian
- Active Marine Corps
- Marine Corps Reserve
- Marine Corps Civilian
- DoD Civilian
- Active Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Reserve
- Coast Guard Civilian
- Public Health Service (PHS)